Thursday, August 8, 2013

 In Love with GRAY!

So, in between designing for the grandkids and LindyJ Design I have been working on some updates in our home.
Here is the master bedroom re-do:
The paint color is HC-166 Kendall Charcoal by Benjamin Moore. The off-white furniture and drapes makes this warm gray work for a bedroom. I LOVE it...this room is like a warm cocoon! The mirrors and faux fur throw are from Target, and the charcoal side panels are from J.C. Penney.
The pouf, lamp, and throw blanket are more Target finds. (I LOVE Target!) 

I used the same color to frame the fireplace and the front door:

The chevron design above the mantel is actually cut from gray/silver vinyl! So it is totally removable when we get tired of it! The rug by the front door is from Ikea and the red ottoman is from Target. I made the side panels in the dining room. I have looked everywhere to be able to say who makes the door decor. I love this artist and have several pieces around the house. They are made from window screen!
UPDATE: The door art is by "Screenings" and the artist is Peri Woltjer.

Here is the laundry room:


Again, gray works beautifully because of all the white cabinetry. The color is HC 167 Amherst Gray by Benjamin Moore. The birds over the sink are more window screen designs. The photos have been mounted on foam core and hung with pant hangers. I gathered favorite family "sock" pics and they make me smile.

Just for the fun of it...here is the opposite wall in the laundry room with a design commissioned by Doug Applegate. It's a garden of my kid's clothes and totally appeals to my love of WHIMSY.

Thanks for looking!



No comments:

Post a Comment